Immigration Program Coordinator Position Open
The Chicago Religious Leadership Network on Latin America (CRLN) uses education, advocacy, accompaniment, and action to mobilize faith communities and leaders to work for immigrant justice and to build Immigrant Welcoming Congregations/Communities. We engage leaders from all social classes, ethnic and faith backgrounds.
We have worked with partner organizations for wins on a variety of campaigns, including physical & Expanded Sanctuary and other efforts to stop deportations and to build interfaith power to hold ICE accountable nationally and locally.
The Immigration Coordinator will work to coordinate and strengthen the Immigrant Welcoming Congregations and all aspects of our immigration program work including:
- Working with our Organizing Committee (action council) and key partners to strategize and prioritize campaigns for maximum impact;
- Working with the Latin America Program to strengthen the analysis of the roots of migration at all levels of CRLN;
- Supporting deportation defense efforts as needed or requested;
- Planning and carrying out effective public events to build membership and move campaigns forward;
- Overseeing and ensuring coordination of regular monthly Organizing Committee meetings;
- Developing interfaith resources for member congregations in Chicago to lead conversations about immigrant justice in their own communities;
- Strengthening our immigration program base through coordination of outreach, trainings (including Know Your Rights), one-on-one meetings, and networking;
- Strengthening and management of communications related to immigration issues. This may include updating web content, sending mass emails, social media, conference calls and press contacts
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local and national coalitions and organizations working towards immigrant justice and against the criminalization of immigrants and communities of color;
- Participation in CRLN staff meetings, supporting organizational grant and development needs, and administrative tasks as necessary.
- Keeping records of meetings, trainings and events through notetaking, recording attendance, etc.
Criteria for the position
- Organizing experience (2-5 years), familiarity with immigrant justice movements.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in both languages
- Experience working with faith communities and with diverse communities.
- Commitment to progressive social change through an anti-oppression framework
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a strategy and carry it out
- Experience with public speaking and/or training
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment, but manage own time effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including website and database maintenance, social media skills
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends as needed
- This position requires some lifting for meeting and event set-up. This will include lifting and moving boxes and setting up equipment. Candidates should be comfortable lifting at least 30 pounds.
- Access to a car preferred
Salary and Benefits
We are seeking a full-time employee (40 hours/week). Salary range is $32,000 – $37,000 depending on experience. CRLN offers medical and dental benefits, a flexible and supportive work schedule, paid holidays off, plus four weeks (20 days) paid vacation.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position and contact information for three references that can speak to your ability to fulfill various aspects of the position.
Please send all application materials in PDF format to CRLNsearch@gmail.com with “CRLN Immigration Coordinator” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, ability or national origin. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.