- This event has passed.
2020 Pedal for Peace: Bike in Your Barrio
October 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
September 12– October 11, you get to choose the day to bike, run, or walk the distance of your choice.
- Alone or with family/friends
- On a bike path, neighborhood streets, park, or exercise bike
- Send a photo of yourself in your biking location holding a sign with the name of the location (neighborhood, bike path, etc.) appearing in the photo to email@example.com to share with other participants.
October 18, 4-5 pm: Online Zoom program to celebrate our united efforts to empower our communities in Illinois and Latin America. We will send out the link to you on the day of the event. While we cannot gather at this time, we can celebrate the way we remain connected by our global hearts and similar missions.
Your fundraising or donations help us support the following:
- scholarships for rural Indigenous students in Guatemala and El Salvador
- health promoter trainings in rural and Indigenous or Black communities in Colombia
- educating high risk communities in El Salvador and Honduras about Coronavirus and critical steps they can take to protect themselves and their families
- voter registration and issues education in immigrant communities in Lake County, IL
- funding for those who must renew DACA work authorization at exorbitant new rates.
You can raise funds online using social media tools or you can use a paper pledge form to collect checks (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a pledge form or if you have questions). Whichever method you choose, sign up to join one of the teams to raise funds or donate to one of the teams at charity.gofundme.com/pedal-for-peace-bike-in-your-barrio